LIFE PRINCIPLES TO LIVE BY
Recently one of my favorite people in my home church (Kim Herrera) was promoted to Heaven. As I prepare to speak at her memorial service tomorrow I’m impressed by her marked up Bible. One of the book marks in her Bible is composed of these principles from Charles Stanley on living the Christian life. I think they are excellent and want to share these with those who read my blog. I believe that Kim battled many illnesses and suffered immensely for her Lord and in the midst of all that applied these principles in her own life. She was a wonderful testimony of the peace that surpasses all understanding Paul talked about in Philippians. She truly reflected the glory of our suffering Savior. Here are the 30 principles to live by:
(1) Our intimacy with God–His highest priority for our lives–determines the impact of our lives.
(2) Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.
(3) God’s Word is an immovable anchor in times of storm.
(4) The awareness of God’s presence energizes us for our work.
(5) God does not require us to understand His will, just obey it, even when it seems unreasonable.
(6) You reap what you sow, more than you sow, and later than you sow.
(7) The dark moments of our life will last only so long as necessary for God to accomplish His purpose in us.
(8) Fight all your battles on your knees and you win every time.
(9) Trusting God means looking beyond what we can see to what God sees.
(10) If necessary, God will move heaven and earth to show us His will.
(11) God assumes full responsibility for our needs when we obey Him.
(12) Peace with God is the fruit of oneness with God.
(13) Listening to God is essential to walking with God.
(14) God acts on behalf of those who wait on Him.
(15) Brokenness is God’s requirement for maximum usefulness.
(16) Whatever you acquire outside of God’s will eventually turns to ashes.
(17) We stand tallest and strongest on our knees.
(18) As children of a sovereign God, we are never victims of our circumstances.
(19) Anything you hold too tightly, you will lose.
(20) Disappointments are inevitable, discouragement is a choice.
(21) Obedience always brings blessing.
(22) To walk in the Spirit is to obey the initial promptings of the Spirit.
(23) You can never outlive God.
(24) To live the Christian life is to allow Jesus to live His life in and through us.
(25) God blesses us so that we might bless others.
(26) Adversity is a bridge to a deeper relationship with God.
(27) Prayer is life’s greatest time saver.
(28) No Christian has ever been called to “go it alone” in his or her walk of faith.
(29) We learn more in our valley experiences than on our mountaintops.
(30) An eager anticipation of the Lord’s return keeps us living productively.
One thought on ““Principles to Live By” – Dr. Charles Stanley”
Plenty of wisdom in Charles Stanley’s words.