“Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by doing so you will save both yourself and your hearers.” – 1 Timothy 4:16
I am a California native from Huntington Beach, and the Lead Pastor at Valley Baptist Church in San Rafael, CA (Bay Area). I have been married to my best friend, Dana, for 28 years, have five adult children; and seven grand children. I have been a Youth and Lead Pastor in California and Washington for the past 33 years. I have earned degrees from Multnomah University in Portland, OR (B.S. – 1988); Talbot School of Theology in La Mirada, CA (M.Div. – 1991); Westminster Theological Seminary in Escondido, CA and Northwest Graduate School in Seattle, WA (D. Min. – 2003). As a cancer survivor (Squamous Cell Carcinoma – back of the tongue – Stage 3, 2012) I have a special heart for people with cancer and their caregivers.
I have a passion for encouraging Christian Disciples, Leaders, and Pastors (especially bi-vocational pastors and church planters) to be more strategic and effective in living for eternity by being intentionally Christ-Centered in 9 key areas of life:
(1) Spiritually – Your relationship with God through the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
(2) Marriage – Your triune covenantal relationship with Christ at the center.
(3) Family/Parenting – How to be a Christ-centered family and raise Children that love Jesus above all else.
(4) Vocationally – Your calling in the world and ministering within your local Church.
(5) Health – Taking care of your body that God will use on this earth until the day of your glorification.
(6) Friendship – Building bridges in relationships as you reflect Christ in your community.
(7) Stewardship – Maximizing your resources for Christ: money, time, skills, talents, & spiritual gifts.
(8) Mentoring – Investing in relationships using your unique skills, gifting, personality, and passions.
(9) Discipleship – Participating in the spiritual growth of other followers and would-be followers of Christ.
It is in any or all of these nine areas that I seek to help followers of Christ live today for that which will last for eternity by helping you minimize your weaknesses and maximize your strengths.
As a graduate of Bobb Biehl’s Consulting Instituteand Leadership Academy (see http://www.bobbbiehl.com/) & Life Coaching with Dave Kraft (author of Leaders Who Last & Mistakes Leaders Make, Crossway) I have received phenomenal personal and organizational leadership training and have received an abundance of practical resources for Life Coaching. I speak Spanish fluently and have had the privilege of teaching pastors and missionaries in Argentina, Spain, Cuba, Mexico, and India. I combine my theological training and 33 years of pastoral leadership experience in order to provide the Christ centered resources on this website (Particularly for Bi-Vocational pastors in the USA and abroad).
If you would like to sponsor a bi-vocational or full time senior pastor in the areas of Expositional Preaching; Leadership Training; or Discipleship Training and Multiplication I can be contacted below. VLM is a California Non-profit 503(c) Ministry and all gifts are tax deductable.
Thanks so much for visiting my website, and may Christ’s presence satisfy you abundantly!
In Christ’s Grip of Grace,
Dr. David P. Craig, Senior Pastor/Life Coach
I can be reached to serve your needs at all of the following:
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” – Ephesians 5:15-17
“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.” – Colossians 2:6-8