TEN MARKS OF A MENTOR
The Ideal Mentor is a Person Who:
1. Seems to have what you personally need.
2. Cultivates relationships.
3. Is willing to take a chance on you.
4. Is respected by other Christians.
5. Has a network of resources.
6. Is consulted by others.
7. Both talks and listens.
8. Is consistent in his lifestyle.
9. Is able to diagnose your needs.
10. Is concerned with your interests.
Adapted from Howard Hendricks & William Hendricks. As Iron Sharpens Iron. Chicago: Moody Press, 2000 (Kindle Locations 713-715). Kindle Edition.