WHAT FAITH IS:
- Doing the right thing regardless of the consequences and knowing God will turn the ultimate effect to good.
- Reliance on the certainty that God has a pattern for my life when everything seems meaningless.
- Confidence that God is acting for my highest good when He says no to my prayers.
- Realizing that I am useful to God not in spite of my scars but because of them.
- Accepting the fact that God knows better than I do what is ultimately good for me.
- Living with the unexplained.
- The way to please God.
Excerpts from Pamela Reeve’s Faith Is. Portland: Multnomah Press, 1994
I am the Lead Pastor of Marin Bible Church (Bay Area), born and raised in Huntington Beach, Ca., and currently living in Novato, California. I am married to my best friend of 30 years - Dana - and have five adult children; and seven grand children. I have been a Teaching Pastor for over thirty years. I was privileged to study at Multnomah University (B.S. - 1988); Talbot School of Theology (M.Div. - 1991); Westminster Theological Seminary & Northwest Graduate School (D. Min. - 2003). I founded Vertical Living Ministries in 2008 with the goal of encouraging Christian Disciples and Leaders to be more intentionally Christ-Centered in how they live by bringing glory to God in nine key areas of life: (1) Intimacy with God, (2) marriage, (3) family, (4) friendship, (5) vocationally/ministry , (6) emotional and physical health, (7) stewardship of resources, (8) discipleship, and (9) mentoring.
View all posts by lifecoach4God