WHAT FAITH IS:
- Doing the right thing regardless of the consequences and knowing God will turn the ultimate effect to good.
- Reliance on the certainty that God has a pattern for my life when everything seems meaningless.
- Confidence that God is acting for my highest good when He says no to my prayers.
- Realizing that I am useful to God not in spite of my scars but because of them.
- Accepting the fact that God knows better than I do what is ultimately good for me.
- Living with the unexplained.
- The way to please God.
Excerpts from Pamela Reeve’s Faith Is. Portland: Multnomah Press, 1994
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen…And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. – Hebrews 11:1, 6
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. – Ephesians 2:8-10